When it comes to watering our lawns, many homeowners just set out the sprinkler system, turn it on and let it run for a while, assuming our lawns are getting enough water. The reality is many may be underwatering or overwatering their grass. It can do more harm than good. To provide the proper hydration for your lawn, it is important to understand how to water your lawn at the right time and in the right amount. There are some important questions to consider:
- How frequently to water?
- How much to water?
- What time of day to water?
- How to apply water uniformly?
- How your turf irrigation affects your landscape plants?
- What type of water sources is your irrigation water?
- What are your local irrigation ordinances?
To help homeowners properly and efficiently water their Florida lawns, we conducted an eight-part webinar series – Irrigation Orientation. In this series, we answered some most frequently asked questions about watering our Florida lawns, including:
- Why water is a big deal in Florida?
- Let your plants tell you when to water?
- What is wrong with my yard?
- Reclaimed water Dos and Don’ts
- How to maintain my Zoysia grass?
- How to maintain my St. Augustine grass?
- Microirrigation 101
- What should I know when I hire a landscaper?
Now the webinar recordings are available on our YouTube channel. Water is a limited resource. It is vital to the health of your lawn. Watch the recordings to learn all the tips and techniques that you need to water your Florida lawn!
If you like our webinar series, we would appreciate if you could take the survey and tell us what you have learned and how we could improve this series.
Link to the survey: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0Gno5CzU6S1Ejhs