Henry Mayer is the Commercial Urban Horticulture Extension Agent III in Miami-Dade County since 2003. He received his BS in Agricultural Engineering in 1982 from the Venezuelan Central University (UCV). In 2010 he received his MS degree at the University of Florida Soil and Water Science Department. He is a certified arborist and a former member of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Hispanic Committee. He is a board member of the Miami Dade Landscape Inspectors Association of Florida (LIAF), and a former board member of the Florida Urban Forestry Council (FUFC). He conducted numerous workshops for the commercial landscape industry on tree maintenance, green industry best management practices, tree pruning, plant installation and selection, Florida grades and standards and related subjects.
Posts by hmayer:
- Lethal Viral Necrosis (associated with Sugarcane Mosaic Virus-SCMV) frequently asked questions
- Common questions about the Rugose Spiraling Whitefly (Aleurodicus rugioperculatus)
- Fusarium Wilt on Washingtonia palms
- New Pests found in Florida during 2018
- Selecting Good Fertilizers for Palms
- Transplanting Palms in the Landscape
- Hurricane Irma and Tree Canopy Loss, how did this happen?
- What you should know about Sugarcane Mosaic Virus (SCMV) affecting St. Augustinegrass.