Environmental Quality Incentives Program-Livestock
The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service provides cost sharing programs for producers to help improve conservation value of their lands. These programs and the related free technical assistance are extremely valuable to help improve the infrastructure of operations so they are operating at peak technological, environmental and fiscal capacity. See the below resource concerns and associated practices that help improve croplands for the benefit of the producer and the environment.
Livestock Resource Concerns
- -Plant Condition/Health
- -Livestock Production
- -Water Quality
- -Soil Quality
Conservation Practice Examples (NRCS Code)
- Pumping Plant (Solar & Electric) (533)
- Prescribed Grazing (528)
- Livestock Pipeline (516)
- Watering Facility(614)
- Prescribed Burn (338)
- Fence (382)
Can EQIP help you?
- Is your land currently being used to produce an agricultural commodity or livestock?
- Do you own or have proof that you have control of the land for the length of the proposed contract?
- Have you updated, or will you establish, your farm records with the Farm Service Agency?
- Are you willing to install or implement conservation practices according to NRCS standards and specifications to address your resource concerns?
- Do you have an average adjusted gross income of $900,000 or less for the preceding 3 years? (If your AGI is > $900,000 you may still be eligible, contact your local FSA office for information.)
- Are you able to finance the cost of the practice(s) until the EQIP cost-share reimbursement payment is authorized?
- If funded, will you allow the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to be informed about the location and practices to be installed to determine possible effects on threatened or endangered plant or animal species?
- If planning to install an animal waste storage or treatment facility, are you willing to develop and implement a Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP)?
- If planning to install an irrigation practice, have you irrigated 2 out of the last 5 years?
- Are you aware of ‘Cost Recovery’ &/or ‘Liquidated Damages’ if a contract is terminated (See 1202 Appendix)?If the answers are all “yes”, you may be eligible for EQIP financial assistance. Contact Israel Vega District Conservationist at (941) 907-0011