Jackson 4-H Updates
All Aboard the Chick Chain!
Interested in starting a backyard flock of chickens? Then get on the Chick Chain! This program teaches youth how to care for, raise and show day-old pullets. Chicks arrive March 29th, and through the spring and summer, youth will participate in webinars and workshops to learn the ins and outs of the poultry business. The project will culminate with a show, skill-a-thon, record book contest and auction in September. Register at http://florida.4honline.com through February 24th. Past participants can register for the workshops, show and auction as well.
Register for 4-H Day at the Capitol
4-H Day at the Capitol is March 23rd. This program provides youth with an opportunity to learn more about their state government and experience the political process first hand. 4-H members are highly encouraged to make an appointment with their congressmen or a congressional aide to talk about how the Florida 4-H Program has impacted their lives. During the day, participants will hear from public officials, participate in educational workshops, and see their congressmen in action. Register through March 1st at http://florida.4honline.com.
- February 11th– Florida State Fair 4-H Showcase, Horse Judging, and Livestock Judging Contests
- February 13th- Area A Horse Advisory Meeting, Marianna, FL 5:30PM Central
- February 24th-26th– 4-H Teen Retreat, Camp Timpoochee
- March 3rd– State Rifle Match, Hernando County
- March 10th– 12th– 3rd Executive Board, Camp Timpoochee
- March 18th– State Hippology Contest, Gainesville, FL
- March 23rd– 4-H Day at the Capitol, Tallahassee
- March 25th– State Archery Match, Newberry, FL