What’s New at IFASBOOKS
Chef Nicky is back! Everyone’s favorite health-minded guinea pig has returned with a new adventure filled with challenges, puzzles, fun physical activities and games, recipes and more! Munchy Adventures is designed to inspire children ages 8-10 to be more aware of the importance of eating healthy foods and being physically active every day to grow and stay healthy.
In five fun-filled chapters, Chef Nicky and his friends lead a fun-filled journey through:
- The five basic food groups with MyPlate
- How to learn nutrition facts about the food we eat
- How to start a garden to grow your own fruits and vegetables
- How to get the right amount of energy and nutrients to stay active, grow properly and stay healthy
- How to be physically active all day, every day
Perfect for 4-H clubs and after school programs, Munchy Adventures is a great way to teach kids the importance of nutrition and set them on the lifelong path to health and wellness.
Faculty/Staff link: http://ifasbooks.ifas.ufl.edu/p-627-munchy-adventures-4-h-project-book-sf.aspx
Friday, November 19
1 pm – 2 pm
Dr. Linda Chalker-Scott is an associate professor of horticulture and an Extension specialist at Washington State University. She is a cohost of The Garden Professors blog and author of numerous books, including The Informed Gardener, The Informed Gardener Blooms Again and How Plants Work.
For more, visit the IFAS Extension Boostore at http://ifasbooks.ifas.ufl.edu/