Tiffany Porter is an Administrative Professional employed by UF/IFAS Highlands County Extension. The Cooperative Extension Service is nationwide and was established by the Smith-Lever Act of 1914. It is a partnership between state land grant universities, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the county governments throughout the nation. All of these groups share in the planning, financing, and operation of extension programs. In Florida, the Cooperative Extension Service is administered by the University of Florida. The Highlands County Extension Office is open 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Master Gardeners are available for consultation from 9:30am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Posts by Tiffany Porter:
- 2018 Highlands County Agricultural Tours
- 4-H Youth Celebrate National 4-H Week with Commissioner’s Breakfast
- The Taste of Success for UF Tomato Breeders
- Winter Tips for Turfgrass in Highlands County
- The “All-Tropical-American Fruit”
- Highlands County 4-H Wraps Up Summer Camps
- Mosquito Season is Upon Us!
- Older Trees and Older Growers
- How to Make Your Garden Hummingbird Friendly
- Growing Summer Plants in South Central Florida