With fall’s arrival, it’s the perfect opportunity for you to be more eco-friendly in your home and in your daily routine.
Here are some tips for achieving fall sustainability.
How to be sustainable this fall
- Walk or ride a bike to school, to work, or to run errands, instead of driving a car.
- Turn off the air conditioner, and open the windows to let the cool breeze into your home.
- Add raked-up fallen leaves and yard waste to your compost—not to a landfill.
- Use the least hazardous cleaning products when doing fall cleaning.
- Donate old clothes.
- Reuse boxes, bags and other gift-wrapping materials for the holidays; recycle; and eCycle.
- Consider “cleaner” and “greener” vehicles when buying a new car. New car fuel efficiency ratings come out in October.
Adapted and excerpted from:
“Fall Tips,” Washington State Department of Ecology (Accessed 09/2015).
“Tips for a Green Fall,” United States EPA (Accessed 09/2015).