Informal Listening Session: Oyster Recovery
Members of the Apalachicola community interested in oyster recovery efforts are invited to a free, informal listening session on Tuesday, October 9 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m in the Fort Coombs Armory. The purpose of the session is to listen to the concerns and needs of the Franklin County community members, and provide this information to the University of Florida Oyster Recovery Team. A bit of refreshment will be served. If you have any questions please contact Bill Mahan (850) 653-9337 or Nicole Darrow (352) 273-8407.
Here is the Agenda:
- Goal of this Session
• Explain how this serves as a precursor to UF Oyster Recovery meeting on the 10th
• We want to hear the needs and the concerns of the community
• Meeting on the 16th will work to addressing those needs and work proactively to prevent future disasters
- In working with the University of Florida and the Healthy Gulf, Healthy Communities Group, what would you like to see from this partnership
- Prioritizing needs – what needs to be addressed first
- Other partners
- Next Steps
- Recap meeting
Full details of the agenda can be found at this link.
Find out more about Healthy Gulf Healthy Communities at the program’s website