The mosquito BEACONS working group reconvened on 27 August 2021. During our last meeting, stakeholders identified 10 critically important topics in research and Extension. Thereafter, stakeholders were asked to rank these topics. To learn more (or refresh your memory), please visit my previous post Inaugural Meeting of the Mosquito BEACONS Working Group.
The purpose of this meeting was to discuss actionable goals for the top ranked topics in Extension and research.
- The group shared points about their own research in a more expanded context
- Discussed potential collaboration opportunities going forward as well as funding opportunities
- Social can be an effective tool but requires some effort
- frequency and quantity of social media interactions is important to maintain a following
- Webinars and virtual training opportunities are cost-effective and can reach a wider audience
- BEACONS Workshop (Jan 2022) will have CEU accreditation for all participating states
- BEACONS board of directors will meet with SIPMC and FDACS to discuss webinar opportunities; request invasive species symposium at the FMCA 2023 meeting
Learn more about the discussions by reading the Meeting 2 Minutes.
Our next meeting will be Friday December 10 2021!
We are supported by the Southern IPM Center (Project S21-002) as part of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture Crop Protection and Pest Management Regional Coordination Program (Agreement No. 2018-70006-28884).