Doug Caldwell "Dr. Dougbug"
CAN'T FIND A FACT SHEET? e-mail me: email@example.com Doug is a Ph.D. landscape entomologist and certified arborist with 19 years experience with national companies.He has been with the University of Florida | IFAS Extension, Collier County Public Services, as the Commercial Landscape Horticulture Educator in Collier County since 2001. His program areas include: state-mandated, pesticide certification and Best Management Practices (BMP) fertilizer training, pruning, plant selection, fruit trees and plant diagnosing. He writes and gives presentations for the Florida State Horticulture Society; writes web site fact sheets which deal with the unique south Florida landscape issues. He has worked with the Master Gardener videography team to produce the Dr. Dougbug Hort Videos (32) on YouTube.
Posts by Doug Caldwell "Dr. Dougbug":
- Be Prepared to Protect Tender Landscape Plants from Chilly Nights in South Florida. Doug Caldwell
- Snow-bush (Breynia disticha) Caterpillars Are Busy Year-Round in South Florida
- Vanilla Production …..in Florida?
- Olive Shootworm Caterpillars (Palpita persimilis) Can Seriously Defoliate Japanese Ligustrum by Doug Caldwell
- ‘Musical Note’ Rotheca microphylla (prev. Clerodendrum incisum) Flowering Strikes a Winning Chord in the Small Shrub Orchestra.
- Blue Porterweed, Stachytarpheta urticifolia, With Piles of “Dirt” Along Stems
- Avoid the Tree Hackers, Select an ISA Certified Arborist for Aesthetic and Healthy Pruning!
- Common rust disease causes premature leaf drop of frangipani (plumeria) plants.
- Lawns, Gardens and Landscapes | Home
- Commercial Horticulture and Landscape Entomology | Doug Caldwell | Home