Let’s Get Organized
By Kristie Popa
It is better to start something early rather than wait until the last minute. Use the first week of October (Get Organized Week) to organize your 4-H project. Choose 1 task from the list below or create your own for each day of the week!
- Record Book: Create or review objectives
- Record Book: Take and/or print pictures
- Record Book: Outline Buyer’s Letter
- Record Book: Receipts/Financial Records
- Outline or write Buyer’s Letters
- Create a list of shows/fairs you plan to participate in and their registration deadlines
- Complete show registrations
- Clean and organize show supplies
- Groom your animal
- Determine your County Events topic.
- Create an outline for your County Events presentation
Getting organized will help you in many different ways. Not only will you be more relaxed knowing that you don’t have a pile of work to complete at the end of your project, but you will also be more productive if you are organized rather than being overwhelmed by a mess. Organization creates a healthier, stress free life, saves you time and creates a better opportunity for success. Whether you spend the week organizing multiple aspects of your 4-H project or just take the time to create a checklist to make sure you are meeting your deadlines, getting organized is a step in the right direction!