I am Kevin Korus, DPH, and the UF/IFAS Extension Alachua County Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent. I am a native of Nebraska where I received all three of my degrees; a Bachelor’s in Horticulture, Master’s in Plant Pathology, and in 2016 the Doctor of Plant Health. I have spent the last four years as the Coordinator of the Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic and an Extension Educator at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. During this time I was able to gain experience with a wide range of agronomic, horticulture, and landscape plants and the insect, disease, and nutrient issues that they faced. I am passionate about diagnosing plant health issues and firmly believe that the correct management plan can only be developed after the correct diagnosis has been made. I am excited to continue being an advocate of plant health and look forward to addressing the issues that will arise in the wonderfully diverse Ag and Natural Resource systems of the great state of Florida.
Posts by Kevin Korus:
- Disease ID for Vegetable and Agronomic Crops Workshop
- Cool Season Forages Turning Yellow
- Introduction to Hops Production
- 4-H Wilderness Survival Day Camp Year 2, A Success!
- Adjusting Pastureland Soil pH for Spring Fertilizer Applications
- Bring Your Weeds! Next Pond Workshop to Address Aquatic Weed Control.
- Pond Workshop Series Set for Fall