Be Clean and Safe in the Laundry Room
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
Are you familiar with the new single-load liquid laundry packets? They are a convenient new laundry product which contains highly concentrated detergent in single pouches. However, if not stored properly, the packets can pose a danger to curious young children leading to injury from ingestion or exposure to the eyes. The American Cleaning Institute urges parents and caregivers to keep these products in a secure location out of reach and sight of young children.
For best results with the laundry packets, follow these tips:
- Like all other cleaning products, keep single-load liquid laundry packets out of the reach of children and pets between every load to prevent unintended exposure.
- For best results, add the single-load liquid laundry packets to the bottom – also known as the drum – of the washing machine, both for top-loader and high-efficiency front-loader machines, before adding clothes. Do not put this product in your machine’s dispenser drawer.
- Do not cut or tear the single-load liquid laundry packets. They are designed to dissolve completely in the machine, even in cold water.
- Read the product label to determine how much product you should use.
- Do not use the single-load liquid laundry packets for washing laundry by hand or to pretreat fabric.
- If the single-load liquid laundry packets stick together, throw them away. The packets can rupture if you try to separate them.
- Handle this product with dry hands only, and remember to close the product container completely after each use to keep out moisture. The film that encases the laundry detergent is designed to dissolve quickly, even in small amounts of water. Store this product away from water.
- Always ensure the re-closable bag or container is tightly sealed after use and during storage.
- As with other laundry products, keep product in its original container with intact labels.
- Store products away from food, as you would with other laundry products.
If you think a child has been exposed to a single-load liquid laundry packet, call your local poison center at 1-800-222-1222 immediately.
Take the KEY Pledge (one grand prize winner will receive one electronic gift card in the amount of $2,500.)
- Keep single-load liquid laundry packets out of the reach of children.
- Educate your family and friends about the safe use and storage of these new laundry products.
- You serve a key role in laundry safety.
For more information, watch this short animated video available in both English and Spanish.
Source: American Cleaning Institute