4-H Spin Club – "Quilting Ag Project" Set to Start
Jackson County 4-H is offering a 4-H quilting Spin Club! A 4-H Spin club is a club that is designed for a specific project and is short term. Our first project for the new club is entitled “Quilting Ag”, twice a month for 3 months the club will meet and work on their quilting project. For the quilting Ag Project the members will:
- Choose an agricultural theme they would like to investigate.
- Find and trace or draw 12 pictures that depict that theme.
- Color pictures using fabric crayons, markers or paint.
- Iron crayon picture onto fabric squares
- Choose fabric for sashing.
- Sew top with help from adult volunteers.
- Assemble and bind quilt.
- Tack finished quilt.
Objectives: The student will be able to:
- Measure and plan quilt sections.
- Identify an agriculture theme and discuss it.
Once the project is complete the quilt will consist of 12 – 10.5×10.5 squares that your child has selected and hand painted. The finished product will measure approx. 48”X70”.
If this is a project that you think your child will be interested in please contact Patti Peacock at the Jackson County 4-H Office for more information (850) 482-9620.
Enrollment deadline is September 2, 2016.
Limit: 10 youth
Age: 8+ years
Place: Jackson County Extension Office
Time: 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
When: September 6th and 27th, October 4th and 18th, November 1st and 15th
Cost: $75.00 for all 6 classes and supplies
We will add additional days if needed to complete project!