Vero Beach’s 19th Annual Gardenfest!
The 19th annual Gardenfest! in Rivererside Park, Vero Beach was a big hit. Though rain had most leaving early Saturday we made up for it on Sunday afternoon. The park was crowded with happy gardeners looking for that special something from their plant wish-list.
The Garden Club of Indian River County
The Garden Club of Indian River County so graciously organizes Gardenfest! each year. They welcome sponsors, vendors, and new members at any time during the year. For more information on the Garden Club of Indian River County or how to get involved in next year’s Gardenfest!, please visit the Garden Club of Indian River County’s website here.
Gardenfest! is an outdoor event under the oaks. Be sure to dress for the days’ weather. Riverside Park has hard packed shell/sand pathways. Most pathways are wheelchair or stroller friendly. There was a vendor booth for any kind of plant imaginable. Also available were food vendors, garden art, and raffles. At the “Ask the Experts” booth, there were gardening seminars where our own Indian River County Extension Environmental Horticulture Agent, Nickie Munroe, gave a lecture on Shade Gardening.
The University of Florida/Indian River County Master Gardeners had a very busy booth full of knowledgeable UF/IRC Master Gardeners. These friendly folks were there just waiting to answer local gardening questions.
Indian River County Master Gardeners can:
- Answer your I.R.C. Florida gardening questions.
- Do free soil pH testing in our office.
- Help you with plant selection.
- Identify plants, their pests and diseases.
- Talk about edible gardening.
- Identify insect from fresh samples or good photos.
- Give UF research based publications.
- Diagnose most common plant problems from a fresh sample or good photograph.
- Can direct you to other Indian River County or UF/Extension services if necessary.
You Can Talk to an Indian River County Master Gardener Six ways:
- Stop by the Agricultural Extension office in the County Administration building B, Monday-Friday 9:00AM to Noon and 1:00PM to 4:00PM
- Call between 9am & 4pm weekdays. (772) 226-4330 ext 1
- Email the Master Gardener Plant Help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the North Indian River County Library, Sebastian, on Wednesday mornings, 10am to noon.
- Check in at the Environmental Learning Center (ELC) on the 1st Saturday of each month (free admission day), 10am to noon.
- Visit our UF/IFAS Master Gardener booth at Gardenfest! next year.
To learn more about the Garden Club of Indian River County click here.
For more information on IRC Master Gardeners Plant Help Clinics visit IRC Extension’s website.
To see more of what IRC Master Gardeners do, please visit & Like our Facebook page: MasterGardenersIRCFlorida.