Commit to be Fit – Family Fitness Goals
Would you like to reduce your risk for chronic disease, spend more time with the family and have a little fun? There are simple ways to accomplish this and here is how.
Family Fitness Guide
- Involve all members in planning activities for the family. Encourage family members to be creative and develop family games from scratch. Make a rule that everyone must participate and get involved.
- Encourage all members to make a commitment to be present and active during this time.
- Designate a specific area inside and outside that can accommodate family activities.
- Transition slowly. If this is a new endeavor for the family, start with one day a week and build from there
- Let your family be a role model for other families. Keep track of your journey and share your successes and challenges with others.
- Use supplemental items such as balls and jump ropes, to enhance the experience.
- Think outside of the box when planning activities. Non-traditional family activities may include laser tag, flag football, charades, and relays.
Before you begin your family activities, consider the following tips. Make daily activities a part of your family lifestyle, remember that every activity counts and choose activities that everyone enjoys. Exercise is one of the core components of healthy living. It will help you feel better, give you more energy and may even add years to your life. Don’t delay, start today!