For many years, UF/IFAS Extension has partnered with Consumer Federation of America on the America Saves Initiative. The goal is to motivate residents to take small steps to increase their financial stability by increasing their savings or decreasing their debt.
To celebrate the upcoming America Saves Week (Feb. 27-March 4, 2017), America Saves is launching the #ImSavingFor contest. It’s easy to enter. Just share a short video of your savings story, or a picture of you and what you are saving for and enter to win $1,000 at americasavesweek.org/imsavingfor.
How to enter:
- Create a short video featuring your savings story by answering at least one of these questions: What are you saving for? What is your savings story and how can it help other people? What is your favorite savings tip or trick?
- Or take picture illustrating your savings goal
- Enter to win at americasavesweek.org/imsavingfor
- Share your video or photo on social media with the hashtag #ImSavingFor
- Keep it simple by taking a video or picture in front of the item your savings for – like a new car or house
- Use a video or photo editing tool to put yourself in the frame with your goal – like a trip to the Grand Canyon or Mount Rushmore
- Use an app to add a caption or some character to your submission
Bonus chances to win:
You can only enter once per person, but you can get an extra three entries by taking the next step in saving and completing the America Saves Pledge to create a simple savings plan. After entering, look for an email with your bonus opportunity information.
The contest runs from February 1 – April 7, 2017. America Saves will pick one entry at random on March 10 and contact them by email. Click here for the full official rules.