Registration is currently open for NATA’s Managing Visitors and Volunteers course*! The goal of this course is to provide guidance on how to integrate visitors and volunteers in natural areas management. Participants will:
- Learn to plan functional recreation opportunities that enhance visitor experiences (trails, facilities, signage, etc.)
- Create informative interpretation programs for visitors
- Apply knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines to evaluate existing facilities and devise new infrastructure
- Develop an understanding of the advantages and challenges of managing a volunteer program
- Discover insight on how to maintain a volunteer program long-term through sustained efforts to recruit, train, provide oversight, and reward your volunteers
This course consists of approximately 10 hours of at-your-own-pace online coursework from April 25 to May 13 and a two day in-person training at Gold Head Branch State Park in Keystone Heights, FL on May 17-18.
Here’s what past participants said they liked about this course:
“Exchanging ideas with other participants who deal with similar challenges.”
“Going into the field and seeing real world issues and solutions!”
“Discussions were very informative and well thought-out.”
“The instructors were extremely knowledgeable and exciting to talk to!”
Join us for an informative training on improving the visitor and volunteer experience in natural areas, while networking with others in the field. Register today!
We are also offering two other courses in May:
|Conservation Site Assessment & Planning*||
||Opens April 11†|
|Hybrid S-130/S-190/L-180: Basic Wildland Firefighter||
||Opens April 11†|
*This course is one of the core courses required for the Certificate in Natural Areas Management (CNAM). This certificate is offered by NATA to individuals who complete four ‘core’ workshops covering the topics identified as most important by practitioners in the field.
†NATA Graduates (those who have previously taken a NATA core course) are eligible for early registration one week prior to opening date. Please email Workshop Coordinator if you are a NATA Graduate in order to receive the early registration code to be used on Eventbrite)
Be sure to register as soon as possible, as these workshops may reach capacity quickly! Please reach out with any questions you may have.