2015 Beekeeping in the Panhandle Short Course March 9th
2015 Beekeeping in the Panhandle Short Course
The UF/IFAS Extension Panhandle Agriculture Team is pleased to once again offer a Beekeeping Short-Course in March, 2015. These classes will be offered via interactive video at Extension Offices across the Panhandle. Please call your local UF/IFAS Extension Service (listed below) to register.
Classes will be taught by Dr. Jamie Ellis and other state and nationally recognized experts from the University of Florida Honey Bee Research and Extension Lab and the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Bureau of Plant and Apiary Inspection.
Classes are Monday evenings from 6-8 pm Central Time, 7-9 pm Eastern Time, with a Saturday morning bee-yard field day 9-12 am! Each presentation will be followed by an interactive question & answer period.
March 9: Honey Bee Biology, Anatomy, & Hive Structure
March 16: Bee Nutrition and Bee Botany (Identification of Nectar Plants)
March 21: Bee-Yard Field-Day – A hands on learning opportunity!
March 23: Important Pest and Diseases – Identification and Management
Registration for all four classes is $20 per person, or $30 for a family. This fee covers course materials and refreshments.
Please contact your local UF/IFAS Extension Service (see list below) to register:
- Bay County 850-784-6105
- Calhoun County 850-674-8323
- Escambia County 850-475-5230
- Franklin County 850-653-9337
- Gadsden County 850-875-7255
- Gulf County 850-639-3200
- Holmes County 850-547-1108
- Jackson County 850-482-9620
- Jefferson County 850-342-0187
- Leon County 850-606-5202
- Liberty County 850-643-2229
- Okaloosa County 850-689-5850
- Santa Rosa County 850-623-3868
- Wakulla County 850-926-3931
- Walton County 850-892-8172
- Washington County 850-638-6180