Did you know fewer pests attack winter gardens than summer gardens? Why not take advantage of this!
UF / IFAS Washington County Master Gardeners will be hosting a winter gardening workshop on Saturday, November 17th, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Participants will receive Instruction + homeowner vegetable gardening guide + Seeds + Transplants for only $10.00.
At the workshop, you will:
- Learn how to plant, care for and harvest winter vegetables
- Understand which vegetable are appropriate for winter gardens
- Learn how to recognize and lessen insect damage
- Learn how to monitor for disease and develop disease prevention strategies
- Develop irrigation plans for the home vegetable garden
- Receive seed and vegetable transplants for your own winter garden
This event will be located in the Washington County Ag Center East Wing Conference Room. It is
sponsored by the Washington County Master Gardeners and Washington County UF / IFAS Extension.
To register: Contact Nikki at the Washington County Extension Office,
1424 Jackson Avenue, Suite A, Chipley, FL 32428 (850) 638-6180. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Speakers include Matthew Orwat, Washington County Horticulture Agent & Joe Ruff, Washington County Master Gardener.