4-H Art Exhibit and Educational Posters
4-H ART EXHIBIT:
- All exhibitors must be current, active members in good standing with a 4-H group in Walton or Holmes Counties. Members of 4-H groups of other counties that do not have a fair exhibit may also enter. The exhibitor’s 4-H Agent’s name and number must be provided in the event there are questions in the logging in or setup of displays or regarding an exhibitor’s status with 4-H, age or other criteria.
- Exhibitors must clearly mark their pieces with their age group (Cloverbuds 5-7 yrs, Junior 8-10 yrs, Intermediate 11-13 yrs, or Senior 14-18 yrs). Age as of the first day of September of the exhibit year is used to determine category. The exhibitor’s 4-H County must be indicated.
- Each artist may submit a total of 5 paintings for judging. Any painting over this limit may be accepted on a space-available basis but will be placed in a separate category that will not be judged. Art must have been completed during a 4-H project or club (not school work or non-project related work; these works may be exhibited in Youth Art separately).
EACH WORK OF ART WILL BE SCREENED PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Pictures must be properly framed, wired, and ready to hang and media must be dry.
Art pieces must not exceed 36” in width (frame included) so that they may be safely displayed.
Art must be appropriate for all age groups to view (no nudity, violence or other inappropriate content)
Participants will remain with their art pieces until they have been properly logged and tagged.
Exhibits will be categorized by age groups, media and/or subject matter. Judging categories may be changed to accommodate limited art entries. Should there be insufficient artists (at least 3) entering a category, entries will be shown but not judged or subcategories will be eliminated and judged under media alone.
Works entered should be completed within the last 4-H year (Sept of previous year through August of the current year) and not have been entered in the Walton County Fair previously.
Judging will be based on creativity, principles of design, and technical excellence.
Entry Deadline: Wednesday before Fair week
Place: Walton County Extension Office next to the Fairgrounds
- 850 892-8172
- Release Time: Saturday, October 8th, 9:30 PM
Premiums will be awarded for:
- 1st place
- 2nd place
- 3rd place
- Poster must be done on 11 x 14 poster board or a half a sheet of regular poster board.
- The poster must be on a subject related to Florida Agriculture.
- The posters may be on ANY subject relating to Florida Agriculture, from livestock to crops.
- The posters should focus on one area and educate the reader about the process or benefit of that aspect of Agriculture. Be creative!
- Name, address, age of contestant must be clearly printed on back of poster in the top right corner. Posters will be disqualified if labeled improperly.
- Poster Appearance:
- Well planned, good visual for topic (10 points)
- Interesting design and colors (10 points)
- Neat and well constructed (10 points)
- Name, age, and address clearly printed on back (5 points)
- Open to members of Walton County 4-H or FFA and all Walton County Youth.
- Judging will be based on the following:
- Attracts attention, encourages interest (25 points)
- Original Creative Design (25 points)
- Descriptive statement matches visual theme and conveys a clear message (15 points).