As temperatures and humidity levels rise outdoors, you may find an unwelcomed visitor inside your bathroom. This visitor can cause allergic reactions to people who have sensitivities or those who have allergies and asthma. You do not have to have a certain certification or qualification to know the visitor exits. All you have to so is smell him or see him. To what am I referring to? MOLD
Yes, the stuff found typically in bathrooms, especially in the tub and shower areas. Because mold needs moisture to grow, the extra humidity in the air now doesn’t help to keep it at bay. So, what can you do? read more.
Your first step will be to be clean the mold from your bathroom. You cannot just spray bleach on the discoloration and thinks because the stain disappears, the mold is gone. Even dead mold can create symptoms in sensitive individuals. It is important to remove the mold physically. This means using a method of scrubbing with a cloth, brush or scrub pad. When using bleach, make a solution of 1 cup household laundry bleach in 1 gallon of water.
The second action is to remove the moisture. In the shower or bathtub, consider using a squeegee to help the water go down the drain. Check for leaks around pipes, under sinks, and around windows. Mold likes moisture! Use the exhaust fan for 15 minutes after bathing. In Florida, in our well-built, tight housing, it is important to run the air-conditioning to remove humidity. Especially if someone leaves the door open during sunny days.
Remember, the two keys to preventing mold from visiting are to clean surfaces and keeping them dry. If there is mold growth, you must clean up the mold and fix the water issue. If you clean up the mold, but do not fix the water issue, the mold will come back again and again. Read more.
For more information on controlling mildew, check the CDC website here.