Make a Quick Breakfast in a Mug!
Don’t think you have time to make breakfast in the morning? If you’ve got two minutes, you have time to make it in a mug. Add a piece of fruit or a glass of juice and you have made it even better. Just prep the ingredients the night before and be sure to use a microwave safe mug.
Coffee Cup Scramble
2 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
- Coat 12 oz. microwave safe coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Add eggs and milk; beat until blended.
- Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; stir. Microwave until eggs are almost set, about 30 to 45 seconds longer.
- Top with cheese; season with salt and pepper.
Makes 1 serving
Microwave Denver Scramble Slider
2 Tbsp. chopped red or green bell peppers
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
1 thin slice deli ham, chopped
1 Tbsp. water
1 slider-size bun or whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
- Place peppers and onions in 8-oz. ramekin or cup coated with cooking spray. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir.
- Add egg, ham and water, beat until egg is blended. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave until egg is almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve in bun.
Recipes from The American Egg Board