Hello DeSoto and Sarasota County producers!
If you, your family, or your employees need or want to be tested for COVID-19, there are free testing sites available in both counties. The tests are free and you do not have to have any symptoms to access a test.
I know that most of you have few to no employees on site right now, but this is a very handy guide for making a plan to keep your labor force healthy and working before your next planting season begins: ASH-COVID-19_0
Here is testing site info for DeSoto and Sarasota Counties:
In DeSoto County:
June 24, 25 & 26
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Turner Center Parking Lot
2250 NE Roan Street, Arcadia
No prescription or appointment needed.
The test used will be a nasal swab, once samples are collected they will be sent to a commercial lab for testing and results will be provided as soon as they are available. For more information, visit http://desotobocc.com/covid-19-information-and-resources or call the DeSoto Health Department at 863-491-7580.
In Sarasota County:
- Walk Up Testing Site: Robert L. Taylor Community Center, 1845 34th St. Sarasota, FL 34234
- Hours of Operation: 7 days a week, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Testing Criteria: All ages, regardless of symptoms
- Drive-Thru Testing Site: University Town Center, 299 University Town Center Drive, Sarasota, FL 34234
- Days of operation: Mon. – Sun. Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Individuals over the age of 18 can be tested regardless of symptoms