COVID-19 agriculture updates: April 17 (part 2 of 2)
Hello DeSoto and Sarasota County Producers!
This is my final communication for the week. The speed that information is changing and becoming available is slowing down.
There are four things to let you know today:
- Disaster Impact Survey
- I emailed this survey to all of you earlier today. This survey is for all agricultural producers: large and small, urban and rural, part-time and full time, plants and animals, highly impacted and barely impacted.
- Here is the link again: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sYZE3NF19Ik949
- Reminder to keep detailed records
- We don’t know the extent of financial help that agricultural businesses impacted by the pandemic might receive. But it is almost certain that you will have to provide significant documentation about how you have been impacted. The questions contained in the disaster impact survey are very good examples of the types of information that it is important to keep track of right now.
- Weekly impacts report
- Great thanks to all of you who have shared weekly updates of how the pandemic is affecting your business.
- Here is a link to last week’s collective report from the southern half of Florida. Some of you may see a few sentences that you emailed to me copied and pasted right into this regional report. Your voices are being heard. Keep those updates coming!
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Emergency order has been updated.
- The waivers for trucking hours for emergency relief efforts and is more expansive than the original order because it relates to multiple parts of FMCS Regulations.
- The order is now extended through May 15, 2020.
- For all the details, see the attachment called 2020-04-13 – FLHSMV Emergency Order
With great respect and best wishes to you all,