Although it is certainly a challenge to maintain some semblance of normalcy as we continue to navigate the CDC COVID-19 safety guidelines, the UF/IFAS commitment to providing support for our clientele remains unchanged. Below are some resources and information you may find helpful.
Current pesticide/fertilizer license holders:
- FDACS has applied a 30-day extension to all licenses expiring within the next 30 days, and waiving late fees during this period.
- Note: although the extension period allows persons with an expired restricted use pesticide (RUP) license to continue applying chemicals, a valid RUP license is still required for purchasing RUPs.
License Renewal CEUs:
- GI-BMP – Fertilizer applicator licensing: Link
- LCLM – Pesticide applicator licensing: *6 CEUs Link *4 CEUs Link
Landscape Licensing Exams:
- FDACS has suspended ALL in-person pesticide testing until further notice.
- Sarasota County Landscape Contractor exams are suspended until further notice. For more information, contact the Planning and Development Services Department at 941-861-5000.
- Sarasota Economic Development Council Small Business Assistance: Link
- FDACS COVID-19 Licensing Extensions: Link
- FDACS COVID-19 Resources: Link
- COVID-19 Executive Order FAQs: Link
- Federal Assistance Program: Link
- Agribusiness Tax Credits & Loan Assistance Info: Link
- WPS Training: Link
UF/IFAS Extension staff are still available to assist you via phone or email. Feel free to contact us with plant or pest problems: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org