Updated: 03.19 10:25am
Please note that all Plant Clinic help desk locations and services have been suspended, effective immediately and through April 30. This step comes as part of our ongoing commitment to protecting the safety and health of our staff, volunteers and the greater community against the spread of COVID-19.
We continue to provide information, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calls to 941-861-5000. Additionally, our sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/sarasota and scgov.net/extension websites offer a variety of resources, and you can find still more at the UF/IFAS online document site, edis.ifas.ufl.edu.
Original: 03.17 1:15pm
UF/IFAS Extension and Sarasota County place the greatest priority on the safety and health of our community members, staff and volunteers, and continue to monitor the latest developments in the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. To help stem the spread and impact of this virus, administrators at these institutions have issued guidance that limits staff/volunteer interaction in group settings, based on science-based information and resources from experts at the University of Florida, Florida Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and key public health sources.
As such, we are postponing all of our in-person events through April 12, until further notice. We are working to develop alternative course/content delivery methods, such as online and webinar offerings, and will provide information as it becomes available. Please check our online listings at https://ufsarasotaext.eventbrite.com or call 941-861-5000 to view the status of any of our programs.
While our office remains open for one-on-one consultations and assistance, such as our Plant Clinic help desk, please know that you can continue to reach us by email to email@example.com or phone at 941-861-5000. And, you can find a wealth of information online, including:
- General program information:
- UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County blogs
- Youtube – Sarasota County Extension
- UF/IFAS Extension online document center, edis.ifas.ufl.edu.
What We’re Doing at UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County
- Actively encouraging members of the public, staff, and volunteers to remain at home if they are sick or suspect they have had contact with someone who is.
- Requesting Sarasota County Extension staff and volunteers to wash their hands frequently.
- Cleaning high-contact areas (e.g., door handles, countertops, light switches) each half-hour with disinfectant solution.
- Communicating and updating our staff and volunteers, as information becomes available.
What You Can Do
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Wash your hands frequently (use soap and water for at least 20 seconds).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough into the sleeve of your shirt and dispose of used tissues in the trash.
- Limit physical touching.
- Follow the guidelines from the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
University of Florida
Florida Department of Health (DOH)
- Information on COVID-19 in Florida
- Public Health Campaigns on Acute Respiratory Illness
- Information on County Health Department Response
- COVID-19 Toolkit
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Handwashing Communication Materials
- COVID-19 Communication Materials
- Situation Summary
- Map of U.S. Cases
- Travel Health Notices
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Coronavirus Advice for the Public
- Coronavirus Mythbusters Educational Graphics
- Video on How to Protect Yourself from COVID-19