EVENT: Start a prepared food business at home
In 2011, Florida passed the Cottage Food Law, allowing people to prepare certain types of foods in their unlicensed home kitchens for sale to the public. But, how do YOU get started? Join us Feb. 11 or Feb. 13 for our free, one-hour “Starting a Prepared Food Business at Home” class to get the building blocks.
This class will teach you:
- which types of foods can and cannot be produced in a home kitchen,
- why certain foods are allowed while others are not,
- how to label your products,
- where you can sell your food,
- food safety techniques, and
- associated regulations.
Register early through ufsarasotaext.eventbrite.com to reserve your spot and receive notice of any changes.
For questions or further information, please call 941-861-5000 or email email@example.com. If you require special accommodations to attend one of our events, please contact us in advance at 941-861-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sarah Bostick, Sustainable Agriculture Extension Agent, UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County
- Dr. Maria Portelos-Rometo, Food and Consumer Sciences Extension Agent III, UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County
NOTE: Classes and events may be canceled at any time due to low registration or other circumstances, with full refunds issued for paid events. Similar classes or events often are offered on future dates.