UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County recognized its volunteers at the annual volunteer appreciation party held at Selby Public Library. Over 70 of the 240 Extension volunteers attended the brunch and represented the 4-H, Community Garden, Energy Upgrade, Natural Resources, Master Gardener and Florida Waters Stewardship programs.
A variety of our Extension leaders spoke about the array of services our volunteers provide and thanked them for their contributions. Speakers included:
- Brenda Rogers, University of Florida district director,
- Lee Hayes Byron, Extension director,
- Dr. Patrick Williams, residential horticultural agent,
- Sarah Davis, 4-H program agent, and
- Karen Geis, Extension volunteer coordinator.
The combined efforts of the Extension volunteers for the 2017-18 fiscal year are 15,751 hours of service.