People don’t often think of Florida when they think of winter, but a lot that happens in the natural world. There are birds migrating, leaves falling, animals finding mates, and much more! In this episode, we explore the exciting world of winter in Florida.
New Episode from Naturally Florida
Naturally Florida (a podcast about Florida’s natural areas and the wild things that live here) recently released a new episode about winter in Florida.
Check it out, below on Spotify, or on your favorite podcast platform.
If you enjoyed this episode about winter in Florida, please consider sharing it with a friend.
You can find all the podcast platforms where Naturally Florida is published, submit feedback, or request future topics at www.naturallyfloridapodcast.com
- Wildlife Happenings in Florida (by month) – Florida Wildlife Extension at UF/IFAS (ufl.edu)
- The Science of Fall colors – Science of Fall Colors | US Forest Service (usda.gov)
- Florida Climate Center – https://climatecenter.fsu.edu/products-services/data/statewide-averages/precipitation
- Canada Geese – They’re in parts of Florida! Check out this range map from Cornell: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Canada_Goose/maps-range
How You Can Help:
- Get outside and appreciate Florida winters. find a local Audubon Chapter near you: Audubon Near You | Audubon
- Celebrate Florida Arbor Day!
- Consider planting a tree: https://gardeningsolutions.ifas.ufl.edu/care/planting/planting-and-establishing-trees.html
- Support local community/urban forestry efforts
- Let city/county staff and elected officials know you value trees in your community
- Support local and migratory species with food, water and shelter: https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/UW175
Sources for this Episode:
Learn about other episodes from Naturally Florida by Clicking Here.
University of Florida IFAS Extension is committed to diversity of people, thought and opinion, to inclusiveness and to equal opportunity.
UF/IFAS Extension is an Equal Opportunity Institution.