- Support Polk County Agri-Fest by visiting https://givingday.ufl.edu/campaigns/polk-county-extension#/
- Residents throughout Florida can support the University of Florida by donating on Gator Giving Day, Feb. 18
- Gifts support local UF/IFAS Extension offices, research centers, teaching, and more
Floridians can support local programs and the University of Florida by giving during Gator Nation Giving Day.
Residents in Polk County can support their local Extension office when they visit https://givingday.ufl.edu/campaigns/polk-county-extension#/.
“This year, we are very glad that the UF Foundation has provided a way for local citizens to support UF in their own backyard,” says Nicole Walker, director of UF/IFAS Extension Polk County.
Anyone choosing to give to the Polk Extension office for this year’s Gator Giving Day will be supporting a youth agricultural literacy event called Agri-Fest, which is a partnership between Polk County Farm Bureau, Polk County Public Schools, and Extension.
“Every year we reach almost 6,000 4th grade students with hands-on learning about local agriculture. In March 2020 we had to stop in the middle of the program due to COVID-19 shutdowns, but this year we are back using a virtual format that brings Agri-Fest directly to the classroom. Proceeds for Gator Nation Giving Day will benefit Agri-Fest for March 2022, and our goal is $2,000.”
As part of one of the nation’s leading public land-grant institutions, the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) is the UF enterprise dedicated to agriculture, natural resources, and related life sciences. UF/IFAS is the collaboration of our three main units, focused on teaching, research, and Extension:
- UF/IFAS Extension is in every county in Florida providing regional and local expertise, and public programs like the Florida 4-H Youth Development Program to serve Florida’s communities.
- Offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in more than 20 disciplines with experiential learning opportunities, the UF/IFAS College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive colleges of its type in the nation.
- UF/IFAS Research facilities in Gainesville and at 17 off-campus locations across the state are tackling countless challenges in agriculture and natural resources, and training the next generation of scientists.
When you support UF/IFAS, you partner with a network of professionals, students, and volunteers to create positive and lasting change in Florida and beyond.
Gator Nation Giving Day is a 24-hour fundraising event that serves as a call to action for philanthropic support of any size to the college, unit, research area, or program of interest. After two record-breaking years, this year’s goal is to reach 20,000 gifts across the university’s programs in Gainesville and across Florida. Stand Up and Holler: Gator Nation Giving Day launches February 18 at 12 a.m. EST and concludes at 11:59 p.m. PST.
To learn more about Gator Nation Giving Day, visit givingday.ufl.edu. Or, to donate to UF/IFAS Extension Polk County and Polk County Agri-Fest, visit https://givingday.ufl.edu/campaigns/polk-county-extension#/.
University of Florida IFAS Extension is committed to diversity of people, thought and opinion, to inclusiveness and to equal opportunity.
UF/IFAS Extension is an Equal Opportunity Institution.