As a partner in the Heartland CISMA, UF/IFAS Extension Polk County’s Natural Resources program is pleased to offer a CEU opportunity to those who are interested in invasive species management, mapping, and identification skills.
Join us on April 25th for Heartland CISMA’s 8th Annual Central Florida Invasive Species Workshop!
- Mapping Invasives: Who’s using what? Why?
- Adaptive management and herbicide choice
- Invasive plant ID breakout session, AKA Garden of Evil
- Tram field tour breakout session: identification of common invasive species
- What is the invasive risk of alternative crops
- Tegus, African clawed frogs, and other exotic animals you should know
- AND MORE!
CEU Opportunity: 5 max
- Right of Way – 1
- Ag Animal Pest Control – 1
- General Core 482 – 2
- Natural Areas Weed Management – 2
Who should attend?
Environmental agencies, Land Managers, Herbicide Technicians, Contractors, ANYONE who spends time outdoors that is interested in combating Invasive Species!
What is this event?
This is a day-long workshop with exciting presentations and break out sessions dealing with Invasive Species in our area, and what we can do to manage these species.