Looking for information on how to start a new community garden? UF/IFAS has great online resources to get you started. Also, don’t forget to reach out to your local county Extension office, they can guide you towards local resources.
- Starting a Community Garden has a list of key questions to consider early on in the process.
- Developing Urban Community Garden Projects describes each step to start a community garden (there are 21 steps!). There is a checklist at the end that helps you identify what areas you need to focus on.
- The Florida Vegetable Gardening Guide is an overview of best practices for vegetable home gardening, but also includes info useful to community gardeners. There is a handy vegetable gardening calendar and a table of varietal recommendations included.
- The UF/IFAS Gardening Solutions website has growing information specific to each crop and also easy-to-use infographics on what to grow each month.
- The Vegetable Gardening in Florida webpage is a clearinghouse of sites and publications related to the topic.