Living Simply – A Sustainability Outlook
We’ve been spending a lot of time at home due to the pandemic, and I’m sure many of you have been examining your resource use from paper towels to water, food and energy. According to this article, 64% of Americans are inspired to adopt more eco-friendly behaviors as a result of the pandemic.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn more about sustainability, join your multi-state Extension partners for a FREE webinar, Living Simply: Balancing People, Planet and Progress. You’ll get a sneak peek of a sustainability curriculum that experts from three Extension systems – Florida, Indiana and Michigan – plan to release in the coming year. The focus is on making environmentally, socially, and economically responsible choices. The curriculum team is conducting a webinar on June 4, from 6:30 – 8 pm EST to provide a snapshot of the issues and principles in the learning modules; consumerism, energy, food, and water. The webinar will explore the influences on our lifestyle choices and identify principles and opportunities to create sustainable outcomes.
What you will learn:
- The pillars of sustainability
- Sustainable development goals
- The impact of consumerism
- The food system
- Rethinking how we use water
- Energy use and conservation
What you will do:
- Participate in 20-minute facilitated breakout room discussions
- Contribute to the sustainability curriculum
- Listen, validate, and learn the thoughts and actions of others
- Participate in competition to select a name for the curriculum
- At the end of the webinar, you will receive a survey to share what you have learned, what you would like to learn, the actions you will take, and how you would like to connect with our team.
Registration is still open for this free program at this link.