Ready, Set, SHOP! Buying Green for the Holidays
- Streamline shopping trips so you stay off the road as much as possible.
- When making any purchase, consider the packaging–if it comes down to a choice between two products, choose the one with the most easily-recycled/reused packaging.
- Buy whatever you can in bulk, especially items you and your family will be using a lot of this season.
- Don’t forget to bring your reusable bags with you when you shop!
- Patronize local business for your shopping needs this year. Support for the “Little Guy” bolsters our local economy.
- Make a list and stick to it! Purchase only what you NEED.
- Shop on-line to avoid getting on the road and wasting gas.
- Budget for a donation to a local charity.
- Take some time to visit/bring a gift to a shut-in.
- Before you bring a lot more “stuff” into your home, have a sort-through of what you’ve got and take any and all excess to a thrift shop (while you are there, you MIGHT just find that perfect something for that someone!!)