Is your organization looking to make a difference by providing services, products, or expanding programs? Whether it is a non-profit organization, a government agency, or a business there are some trends to consider that will help an organization to engage people with its mission, products, programs, and services.
Using an interesting approach to storytelling through integrated marketing communications is a key element of content marketing. Writing a success story and correlating it with the impacts it has had on an organization will pique interest, promote partnership collaborations, and attract funders, stakeholders, and investors.
The data in a story add value and meaning through the emotions the story is telling the audience. As a result, it will increase loyalty to the brand, collaborations, and revenue.
First, think about what your organization would like to tell. By following these steps, you can create a concise storytelling piece that will engage your audience:
- Identify your target audience. What is compelling to your audience?
- Narrate the main message. Start with a real situation that your audience relates to and cares about. For example, if you are a non-profit organization including a success story in one of your programs.
- Be specific. If you want to promote community action, or partnerships, how it relates to your objectives as well as how people can connect to it.
- Make your content meaningful and valuable while simultaneously elaborating an impact statement.
- Show results and the relevance of the methodology by making data a component of the storytelling. The results will demonstrate the potential of your organization and the story will engage the emotions of your audience.
- Show images if you are writing or using videos. These will capture the visual attention of your audience and compel them to relate to your organization.
Storytelling can be delivered through different outlets. It can be written, told in person at a panel or presentation, or recorded as audio to be played as a podcast or radio program. Furthermore, if you want to invest more in your story the production of a video or animation is effective in transmitting a visual image as well as capturing emotions. A good story supported by data and an impact statement on your organization will not only be powerful in strengthening your brand and organization’s name, but it can also bring life to the mission and purpose, providing others be inspired to act and create a change in the community.