Come join the University of Florida/IFAS Extension Office for the 2017 Eco-Nomic Living Expo at the Santa Rosa Mall in Mary Esther on Saturday, February 11. This year’s Expo begins a 10 am and ends at 3 pm and includes seminars, activities for the entire family, educational exhibits and door prizes.
The theme for the Expo is “Helping You Make Smart Choices for Money, Home, Health and Environment.” And the seminars reinforce this theme.
Seminar schedule and topics:
- 10:15 am – Dash for the Stash – Investing 101
- 10:45 am – Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) Fact or Fiction – Learn the Facts About Common GMO Myths
- 11:30 am – The Price of Plastics – Microplastics and the Impact on our Water
- 12 pm – Green Lawn, Green Wallet – Managing Your Florida Lawn without Breaking the Bank
- 12:45 pm – “Homemade” Do It Yourself Cleaner
- 1:15 pm – Protect Your Pocket, Protect Your Purse, Protect Your Person – Steps to Take Against Identity Theft and Scams
- 2 pm – Don’t “Waist” your Health Away
- 2:30 pm – Saving Water Save Money
My topic will be the seminar titled “Green Lawn, Green Wallet – Managing Your Florida Lawn without Breaking the Bank” with emphasis on how to grow a green lawn while keeping some “green” in your wallet.
UF/IFAS Extension Master Gardeners in Okaloosa County will staff an educational booth to help answer your local lawn, landscape and garden questions.
Other activities include:
- Lots of terrific local vendors exhibiting their wares
- FREE Tax Preparation from VITA (Annual Income under $53,505)
- Free Document Shredding by Shred‐It
- Kids’ Activities & Youth Piggy Bank Pageant
- Corporate Piggy Bank Challenge
- Our ever-popular Rain Barrel Workshop ($60, pay in advance)
There is free admission to the Expo. For more information visit http://economiclivingexpo.com or call (850) 225-4200.
Larry Williams, UF/IFAS Extension Agent, Okaloosa County, February 2, 2017