Saturday, July 23rd, 2016
9:30 AM EST Registration – $10 per person
UF/IFAS North Florida Research and Education Center, Quincy, Florida
The Perennial Peanut Producers Association and the University of Florida are teaming up to host a tour of ongoing perennial peanut research at the UF/IFAS North Florida Research and Education Center near Quincy, Florida. Registration begins at 9:30 AM EST with the program starting at 10:00 AM. Lunch will be served after the indoor events, followed by field tours, and conclude with a walking tour of the variety trials at NFREC. There will be a variety of potted plants for sale on the day of the event.
- 9:30 EST – Registration
- 10:00-10:30 – Welcome and Business Meeting
President – PPPA Steve Basford
- 10:30-11:00 – Integrating Perennial Peanut into Grass Pastures
Dr. Jose Dubeux, Forage Extension Specialist, NFREC
- 11:00-11:30 – Producer/Buyer/Hay Store Surveys
Dr. Saundra Tenbroeck and Dr. Carissa Wickens – UF Department of Animal Sciences – State Equine Specialists and Rebecca Tenbroeck, Agronomy graduate student
- 11:30-11:50 – The potential for sub-tropical Alfalfa and how it fits with perennial peanut operations
Dr. Joe Bouton, Emeritus Professor, Dep. Crop & Soil Sciences, UGA and Owner-Manager, Bouton Consulting Group. LLC.
- 11:50-12:20 – Using ornamental perennial peanuts in landscaping
Dr. Gary Knox, Horticultural Extension Specialist, NFREC
- 12:20-12:30 – Wrap up and evaluation
Clay Olson, Taylor County Extension Director, and Dr. Ann Blount, Forage Breeder, NFREC
- 12:30-1:00 – Lunch
- 1:00-3:00 – Field Tours
Download the printer friendly flyer: 2016 Perennial Peanut Field Day Flyer
Directions to UF/IFAS NFREC, Quincy
- From I-10, take Exit #181 (SR-267), and go north approximately ¼ mile. The Center is on the left at Research Road.
- From US-Highway 90, go south on SR-267 approximately 3 miles. The Center is on the right, before you reach I-10.
Applications for membership to the Perennial Peanut Producers Association will be available at the Registration Desk. Anyone with questions can call Lindy Cone, PPPA Treasurer, at 850-973-2399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.