This time of year we like to pause and recognize our many hard-working 4-H youth, volunteers, and leaders.
If you weren’t able to attend this year’s very special banquet, here’s a recap of the events and awards!
This Year’s Theme was “Tacky Tourist Luau”! We just wanted to say that we were impressed and entertained by the fabulous dedication to the theme with everyone’s outfit choices. Well done!
- The banquet was emceed by our County Council representatives: Emma Norstrem, Kaitlyn Malott, Lauren Walters, Charlie Norstrem, and Raelin Tew
- We started off by recognizing all of our amazing Club Leaders! We truly cannot run Nassau County 4-H without the support and leadership of our club volunteers. Thank you.
- Our Club Leader of the Year was Kelli Norstrem of Young Riders
- Our 4-H Volunteer of the Year went to club leader, alumni, and summer camp champion, Madison Stevenson
- The Youth Volunteer of the Year award was given to Lauren Walters
- The Outstanding Community Partner was awarded to Keith Wingate and all of the Norstheast Florida Fair
- Garrett Bennett was recognized for turning in the most fair points this year totaling over 50!
- We have Five Graduating Seniors who were inducted into alumni status:
- Danielle Jones
- Joan Kramer
- Kaitlyn Malott
- Barbora Trejbal
- Torilynn Bruno
- We had 14 youth receiving Project and Record Book Awards on subjects including photography, sheep, goats, horses, and poultry.
- Recognized our many and awesome 4-H’ers of the Month:
- September – Garrett Bennett
- October – Rebecca Blalock
- November -Hope Downing
- December – Lainey Walters
- January – Gabriel Gierhahn
- February – Sam Riley
- April – Parker Tew
- May- Savanna Riley
- June – Charlie Norstrem
- and wrapped up the awards by announcing Garrett Bennett as our 4-H’er of the Year!
After the awards ceremony our members got to cut loose by playing volleyball, dancing both swing and line style, and enjoying the incredible decorations from this year’s decorating committee.
We thank all of our members and volunteers who worked hard to make this night possible!
A special, HUGE “Thank You” to all of County Council and Dr. Taylor Clem for their leadership.