In December 2020 we were able to gather for our holiday celebration, but still with limitations. It was the first real moment we could see some light at the end of the tunnel. We pushed on. In March we conducted County Events, again with some limitations, but we pushed on. Over the following months we had club meetings, contests, and camps slowly re-shaping into what we remember. We continue to push on.
For some, the challenges offered opportunity and for others it helped form more resilient spirits. We stayed connected. When we talk about what generations to come will look like we feel strongly that our members and caring adults of 4-H are tirelessly forging paths for success. We learn by doing, even if it’s in our homes. We belong even while distanced. We master skills we never knew we’d learn. We continued to support and love and show generosity. We are 4-H and in 4-H we help make the best better. It has never been more apparent that it is now.
2021-2022…we have high expectations and here in Nassau 4-H we are going to do our best to bring you a great comeback!
What’s New in 2021-2022
- Ms. Kelsey & Mrs. Laura are hosting the Nassau 4-H At Large Club! This monthly community club will meet in Yulee starting at 6pm. We hope with this club we can offer a “place” for lots of members still finding their way in 4-H or for those who just would like to do more with the leaders. This club will be open to ALL 4-H members ages 5-18 and topics will change monthly.
- SPIN Clubs– we know that not everyone can commit to a monthly community club or a year long expectation. This year we will be offering a few SPIN programs for members to try out and enjoy for a few weeks. Topics will change throughout the year and registration will be individual to that program. Here’s what to look forward to:
- Fishing SPIN club coming this Spring
- Hybrid Veterinary SPIN club this April
- I am a scientist (cloverbud)
- and more!
- New Clubs! We would like to introduce our newest 4-H clubs: Imagination Station, Story Sketches, and the Callahan Cookin’ Club!
Some of what’s coming back
- The Youth Emergency Team is accepting applications now for its 4th cadre! This class will be in person and available to youth ages 11-18. We have 5 awesome Major YETies returning to help teach, fantastic community partners to help out, and a very enthusiastic Emergency Management ready for us! Applications due September 10th.
- Many clubs are resuming meeting! Please see our updated club roster for more details
- The fair! We will be having our Northeast Florida Fair this October, including the associated contests, workshops, and clinics!
- School Enrichment! Some of our favorite and even NEW school enrichment programs will be available to our public, private, and home school classrooms once again!
- Many of our annual events are planning to return including parades, banquets, contests and more.
What you can do NOW!
- Re-enroll and don’t miss out! Memberships are available to youth ages 5-18 as of Sept 1, 2021. Cloverbuds are FREE but youth ages 8-18 are only $20 for the whole year.
- Reach back out! Call your club leaders and other 4-H friends and start getting back together. Review the current UF IFAS 4-H Covid policies and accomplish great things once again!
- Bring a friend, help us grow and be connected to more 4-H families than ever by bringing a friend to your next class, workshop, club meeting, or contest.
- Find your art from last year and ready it for the fair’s Home Arts contest. This non-animal project is great for all our members who we know made some spectacular art during quarantine. Show off what you’ve done and win some ribbons for your creative pursuits. Entries will be received on Thursday, October 14th from 8-5pm at the fairgrounds.
- Check out the Calendar! We have so many events planned for this year including favorites like the Hippology contest & horse shows, Forest Ecology, County Events, banquets, parades, specialty trips, Day at the Capitol, and so much more.
- Read your Friday Flyer, our monthly newsletter will list all the upcoming important dates, upcoming events and fair points, and celebrate our 4-H’er of the Month. Not sure if you’re on the mailing list? Reach out to Mrs. Laura to be added on so you never miss a thing!
Although this is not everything we have to offer, we hope this is enough of a taste to get you optimistic about the program year ahead. We look forward to bringing great opportunities to your family and being a part of our Nassau community.