Traders Hill Ranch graciously hosted the 2021 Nassau County 4-H County Events on March 19th. We were able to host a successful and safe in-person competition for our youth all thanks to their support! We could not have asked for a more beautiful location or helpful, wonderful people.
We would also like to give a big thank you to our BOCC facilities maintenance and IT department for supporting their event with their talents.
This year our members earned an unprecedented amount of high scoring awards! All 10 of our youth speeches qualified to move forward to 4-H District Events.
- Kee Laurendine, Intermediate- How to Care for a Sheep
- Kai Laurendine, Junior- How to Care for a Sheep’s Hoof
- Lainey Walters, Junior – Do’s and Don’ts of Feeding Rabbits
- Parker Tew, Junior – How to Clean a Horse Saddle
4-H Illustrated Talks
- Charlie Norstrem, Senior- The History of Guns
- Emma Norstrem, Senior – The Normal and the Abnormal
- Raelin Tew, Intermediate – English Saddles
- *Overall Speech Winner!
- Jack Norstrem, Intermediate – The History of the Lamborghini
- Lauren Walters, Intermediate – Caring for Goat Hooves
4-H Share the Fun
- Eli Hatton– Trumpet Instrumental
- Lauren Walters, Lainey Walters, Raelin Tew – Restaurant Comedy Skit
We also had 16 youth enter photos in the County Photography Contest:
The top photo from each age category will be sent to the State Contest!
Junior Photography Competitors:
- Simeon Benenate
- Emily Nelson
- Niki Crosby
- Laci Crosby
- Lainey Walters
Intermediate Photography Competitors:
- Jack Norstrem
- Garrett Bennett
- Seth Benenate
- Elijah Hatton
- Lily Crosby
- Lauren Walters
Senior Photography Competitors:
- Natalie Stevenson
- Charlie Norstrem
- Emma Norstrem
- Joan Kramer
- Emma Crosby
Congratulations to all our members!
We are so proud of how much you’ve grown in your skills.