Portal Approval Process for 4-H Meetings
By now you’re probably gearing up to start hosting some face-to-face meetings. Although virtual meetings are still the preferred method right now, we understand that some of the things we teach are best accomplished through in-person and hands-on work.
Here are the questions to ask when planning:
- Ask first, “can this be done virtually?”. If yes we encourage you to explore this option first. If not go to rule #2.
- Will there be more than 10 people in attendance (parents and adults included)?
- Will it be held outside or inside?
- If indoors the maximum number of people is 50 OR 1/2 of the Fire Marshal’s determined capacity.
- If outdoors, the maximum number is 250 or 1/2 of the Fire Marshal’s determined capacityHow do you plan on sanitizing before, during, and after?
If events are held in-person proper safety protocols must be upheld at all times including:
- No shared materials unless then can be THOROUGHLY sanitized between uses
- No food that is shared
- Masks should be worn if social distancing cannot be maintained or if meeting indoors
- Masks do not have to be worn while in-ring competing or during shooting sports
- Transportation cannot be organized for participants
All events with >10 people MUST be per-approved in the UF portal. This process usually takes less than 7 business days and Mrs. Laura will help you.
What is “the portal”?
The portal is a UF approval site where events, meetings, and trainings are sent for review. Meeting information is emailed to Ms. Laura and she will input them into the portal. Submissions are approved if they meet proper safety protocols and have a good plan to uphold the guidelines set by the University of Florida. You cannot advertise a meeting or event prior to approval.
When in doubt, just go ahead and submit a portal application. They’re very easy to do and it’s always better to be safe than sorry!
To help you be prepared in sending us your meeting’s information, here are the questions that are required:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Describe the details of the meeting/event, including location, whether indoor or outdoor, expected number of people, etc.
- Please list all UF faculty/staff that will be organizing this meeting, including yourself (if applicable)
- Please describe why this meeting is essential
- When will this meeting occur? (Date and Time)
- Will this be a reoccurring meeting? (you can put one in for multiple meetings if you have a plan!)
- How will social distancing/isolation and proper CDC Guidelines be accomplished during this meeting/event?
We hope that this answers your questions and helps you get your 4-H year in gear. Of course, feel free to reach out to your agents or Mrs. Laura with any questions.