Ready for the new 4-H year?
Here is a quick checklist for club leaders and parents to be ready for the 2020-2021 year. Granted, this year will have some atypical aspects in response to COVID-19, but regardless if you check these boxes you will start this year easy-peasy!
Club leaders, you are the foundation of our community’s 4-H. We grow better each year you dedicate your time. Thank you. There are additional steps you have to take as a club leader, but we hope that this quick list helps make them less daunting.
- Complete your yearly OYCS training by September 1st. Forward your scores to either Ms. Kelsey, Mr. Ted or Laura. *Remember, this link only works in Internet Explorer!*
- Re-enroll in 4-H Online by September 1st
- Log into 4-H online and review your club’s information by September 1st
- Have you updated your charter?
- Have you acknowledged your affirmative action statement?
- Do you have any changes to co-leaders, contact information, meeting locations/times? Let Ms. Kelsey know ASAP so we can have your club updated for the new year (by August 20th).
- Check last year’s roster. Are any of your members showing in the fair this year?
- If so make sure they are re-enrolled with a paid membership by September 1st
- Check in with Ms. Kelsey or Mr. Ted to find out your club’s balances and discuss your planned schedule and any events you’d like their help with.
Parents, we know the new year can be stressful. Especially with fair forms being due so close to the new year. We understand and are here to help you!
- Make sure you and all your youth are re-enrolled in 4-H Online. Registration opens August 24!
- This is especially important for those planning to show in the fair. Agents will not sign entry forms if a youth is not enrolled in 4-H online and have paid their membership fees.
- There is going to be a (hopefully!) more user friendly interface, but some changes will be evident. Call Ms. Laura if you have any questions about enrollment.
- Pay your youth’s $20 membership fees ONLINE
- Remember: cloverbuds, adults, and any additional youth after 3 registered family members are free. *This is a Nassau County specific sponsorship*
- If you need financial support for membership fees, please reach out to our office. Scholarships are available.
- Reach out to your club leader and ask about the year’s upcoming meetings and project plans. See if there are any roles or ways you can support your club leaders.
- Check out our VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE! Take a moment to look through the clubs, activities, contests, and events for the upcoming year. The open house will officially be open August 20th. It will require a registration, but it’s no different than our usual sign in for the in-person event.
We look forward to another fantastic year as your 4-H family. As always, please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!