County Events is an annual chance for 4-H members to show off their knowledge, skills, and talents in a 4-H project area through multiple competitions. You can share knowledge in a public speech or illustrated talk; teach a skill in a demonstration; show off a talent in share-the-fun; or create something to share through photography, graphic design, chef-in-training, or fashion revue. These competitions are for youth of all ages and a fun way to share what you know!
Public speaking, demos, share-the-fun and fashion revue will be shared at the 3/13 event beginning at 6:00 pm. Chef-in-training entries will be due on 3/13 by 4:30 pm for judging prior to the event. Photography and graphic design entries are due by 2/28. All winners will be announced at the 3/13 event.
Below is some general information about each of the competitions and links to more information. Stay tuned to the 4-H blog to learn more about specific competitions as we get closer to this year’s County Events!
Details & Important Info:
- To register, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nassau-county-4-h-2020-county-events-tickets-895592564773
- 4-H’ers of all ages are invited to participate and will compete within their age category: Cloverbud, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Cloverbuds will receive participation ribbons for all events.
- Please check the deadlines for your competitions.
Each 4-H’er must be registered individually.
- 4-H’ers can participate in as many events as they want.
4-H’ers can earn up to 2 fair points from participating in two different types of events.
- If you are signing up for a team demonstration, be sure all team members list the same title when registering.
- Some participants may qualify to move on to Districts Events, which will be held Saturday, May 2nd in Putnam County, Florida.