School is back in session and it’s time to sign up for the new 4-H year! We know that enrolling (or re-enrolling) can be confusing, so check out how you can get involved in just a few simple steps.
1. Start by going to www.4honline.com and create (or update) your profile!
- Returning members and volunteers – don’t forget that you must renew your profile each year for your account to stay active.
- New members – be sure that you create a family profile first and then individual profiles for each member for your enrollment to be complete. This applies even if you are only enrolling one youth for 4-H.
- After you enroll, you will be prompted to pay your membership fee for youth ages 8-18. This $20 annual fee allows youth to participate in 4-H at all levels: county, state, and even nationally. This fee does not apply to youth ages 5-7 or adult volunteers. For more information or if you don’t receive the follow up email, go to: http://florida4h.org/membershipfees/
2. Find your club! We have many active 4-H clubs. Check out our Nassau County Club Contact Information to find the names, meeting places, topics, and other important information about each club and find what works for you. We highly recommend trying out multiple clubs to find the right fit for your family.
- Don’t see a club that interests you? Consider starting your own! Our agents would love to discuss how to start a new 4-H club with you.
3. Choose a project area! Project books are not required for Nassau County 4-H, but they are recommended for youth wanting to study a specific subject area.
- These books can be picked up at the 4-H office by all official (enrolled and paid) 4-H members. Youth can pick up one book at a time. Completed project books can be returned at the end of the year for a fair point and to be eligible for awards.
4. Stay Connected! After you enroll in 4-H online you will be added to our 4-H Friday Flyer list, where we send out 4-H updates every other week.
- You can also follow our Facebook page and stay in touch with our website and blogs.
- Want to see what’s coming up? Check our our Annual Calendar for an overview of the entire 4-H year.
Still have questions or need help? Join us for the 4-H Open House! This Thursday, August 23rd, our Open House will be from 4:30-7pm. We will have representatives from all of our clubs, along with our agents and staff to help answer questions, give you some guidance, and get you enrolled for 4-H.
Can’t make it to Open House? No problem, call or come by our office and we would be happy to assist you! (904-530-6353, 543350 US Hwy 1, Callahan)