Fact sheet: Canna lily
Common Name(s): Arrowroot, Canna, Indian shot
- Category: Summer Bulbs
- Comment: Tolerates drought and poor soil, but prefers a rich, well-drained soil with abundant water
- Season: Summer
- Light: Full- AM Sun
- Color: Rose, pink, red, yellow, orange, salmon, bicolored
- Height: 24-144 in.
- Space: 9-15 in.
- Depth: Cover 4 in. (10 cm)
- Organ: Rhizome
- Hardiness: Tender III- injured below 25 degrees F (2 degrees C)
- Storage: For Zones 6 & 7, harvest rhizomes in fall, dry, and store in dry peat or vermiculite at 41-50 degrees F (5-10 degrees C). Mulch in Zone 8.
Sold at Nassau County Master Gardener Plant Sale