Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Farmers
This is a summary of what has been released so far. In this post we covered sections of:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Assistance to Individuals, Families and Businesses
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
The Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (FMLA) & the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act.
When: The law goes into effect on April 2, 2020 and ends on December 31, 2020.
Who: It applies to all employers with 500 employees or fewer. Therefore, it applies to almost all farmers. Full-time employees get 80 hours of Paid Sick Leave.
For the whole Families First Coronavirus Response Act. CLICK HERE
Assistance to Individuals, Families and Businesses
- 2020 Recovery Rebates
Provides direct payments to individuals of $1,200 per person or $2,400 for married couples filing jointly, with $500 extra per child (payments would phase down for individuals earning $75,000 or couples earning $150,000).
Rebates will be paid as advance refundable tax credits and no action by individuals is generally required to receive the rebate.
Also covers the following topics:
- Unemployment Insurance…
- Use of Retirement Funds…
- Temporary Relief for Federal Student Loan Borrowers
Temporary Moratorium on Foreclosures/Evictions
- Paycheck Protection Program
Employee Retention Credit
- Economic Stabilization and Assistance to Severely Distressed Sectors
- Charitable Contributions
- Social Services/Nutrition Assistance
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Emergency Food Assistance Program:
- Senior Nutrition
For the whole document on Assistance to Individuals, Families and Businesses CLICK HERE
SPANISH/Español: *Si quiere leer estos beneficios al empleado en español. Haga CLICK AQUí*
We’ll keep posting more information from verified sources