Opportunity Summit for Agricultural Leaders in South Florida on 08/06/14
Wednesday, August 6, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
MDC Homestead Campus, Building F Room 222
The Honorable Joe Garcia, U.S. Representative of the 26th District of Florida, the Honorable Frederick Pfaeffle, USDA Deputy Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, and Dr. Jeanne Jacobs, President of Miami Dade College Homestead Campus cordially invite you to attend the Growth & Opportunity Summit for Agricultural Leaders in South Florida. The event will be held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at Miami Dade College Homestead Campus.
The goals of the summit are to encourage growth, create opportunity, and increase participation in USDA programs and services, including rural development, credit and loans programs, natural resources conservation, and civil rights. Agricultural leaders from diverse backgrounds will receive technical assistance that will help rural communities prosper in South Florida. Presenters will include:
- Joe Garcia, U.S. Representative of the 26th District of Florida. Congressman Garcia represents 726,532 South Floridians from Monroe County as well as a portion of south-west Miami-Dade County.
- Frederick Pfaeffle Arana, USDA Deputy Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (OASCR), Washington, DC. OASCR’s mission is to facilitate the fair and equitable treatment of USDA customers and employees, while ensuring the delivery and enforcement of civil rights programs and activities.
- Rick Dantzler, USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA), State Executive Director for Florida. FSA implements agricultural policy, administers credit and loan programs, and manages conservation, commodity, disaster and farm marketing programs through a national network of offices.
- Richard Macheck, USDA Rural Development, State Director for Florida. The agency helps rural areas to develop and grow by offering Federal assistance that improves quality of life. RD targets communities in need and then empowers them with financial and technical resources.
- Russell Morgan, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), State Conservationist for Florida. NRCS provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain and improve our natural resources and environment.
The summit is free and open to the public. Registration is required. To RSVP, visit www.usdamdc.eventbrite.com