Levy County Extension hosts the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF-IFAS) Extension Master Gardener volunteer (MGV) training program. Meeting Thursdays, January 26 – April 13, 9 am – Noon, Levy County Extension office, 625 North Hathaway Avenue, Bronson.
Addressing challenges of gardening in North Florida;
- making the most of limited (and expensive) water,
- controls for managing garden pests,
- vegetable and ornamental gardening,
- fruit and citrus varieties,
- and fertilizer – when/where/and how much.Course uses a combination of lecture recordings, live Q&A webinars, discussion forums and weekly activities to guide the adult learner and engage the mind. Give yourself the gift of leisure education while being engaged with meaningful and productive activity. This course is an educational gift for yourself or someone who may enjoy learning about plant processes, plant propagation, and much more.
Access to computer or laptop with external or built-in webcam and microphone. Internet access needed. This is a self-directed and independent learning experience designed for the adult participant. Recognizing differences in how adult students learn, weekly sessions involve reading text, completing homework, watching online videos, and reviewing online presentations. Internet access is needed. Course is sequenced to build connection with material, linking new material with existing information. Approximately 8-12 hours per week. Two field trips are planned (transportation provided).
Facilitated by Barbara L. Edmonds, Horticulture PA. UF agents and specialists present topic material in video, lecture, and text. Multiple resources help build new knowledge. Learning objectives encourage the adult learner to take an active role and oversee the learning process.
Next Step: complete registration and $97 (non-refundable) materials fee due by January 12, 2023.
Cash, check or money order payable: University of Florida
MEMO: Florida Master Gardener
Include contact phone number on check
NOTE: UF background check required. Bring photo ID to class.
In-person class size capped at 30. The people you meet, and information gained may add to your enjoyment of gardening in these north Florida conditions. Request a course registration at email@example.com , or pick up at Levy County Extension office, 625 North Hathaway Avenue, Bronson, 32621. The University of Florida is committed to providing universal access to all our events. Alternate formats of written material and disability accommodations available. Contact Barbara L. Edmonds, firstname.lastname@example.org, 352-486-5131, at least two weeks in advance.
View ‘What’s Growing On’, WCJB TV20, Master Gardener news segement HERE. Please repost to share with family, friends and circle of influence. In the meantime, Spread Joy!!