4-H County Events were held on Saturday, March 25, 2022 at the Jefferson County Extension Office. Participants chose individual topics for demonstration/illustrated talks. The event’s overall purpose is to develop and promote life skills needed to research, organize, and present their speech. In addition, participants learn to be attentive to personal appearance and sharpen their skills in persuasive speech.
General Public Speaking
Junior Division, 8-10 years old
• Petra Brookins – ” My Time at Camp Timpoochee”- 1st place -White Ribbon
Intermediate Division, 11-13 years Old
• Nicholas Brookins – “Internet Safety”- 1st-place, Blue Ribbon
• Tessia Brookins – “Exchanging Pleasantries”- 2nd -place, Blue Ribbon
Clover Bud 5–7-Year-old
• Trevor Scott – “How to Make Slime” received a participation ribbon
Junior Division- ages 8-10
• Zamiya Kennedy & Jamie Miller, Food Preparation – “How to Make a Delicious Oreo Milkshake”- 1st place- Blue Ribbon.
• Tristyn Oliver- Rihanna: A Journey Through the Life and Music of a Global Icon”- 1st place, red ribbon
• Ja’Varion Ulee, “The Terrifying Tasmanian Tiger”, 1st place- Blue Ribbon.
• Neilan Sneed – “Lionel Messi”, 1st place- Blue Ribbon.
• Sulyria Bellamy – “Gymnastics Floor Routines”, 1st place- Red Ribbon.
Senior Division – ages 14-18
• Jonathan Youngblood, Food Preparation- “Mama’s Finger Lickin Sour Cream Pound Cake” – 1st place- Blue Ribbon.
• Samantha Hall – “How Social Media Affects Friendship”, 1st place- Blue Ribbon
• Illustrated Talk – “Arrive Alive- Don’t Drink and Drive”, 1st place- Blue Ribbon
Most participants will compete at 4-H District III Showcase on Saturday, April 22, at the Wakulla County Extension Office.
Our fabulous judges were Abigail Boyd, Jada Mosley, Michelle Milligan, & Ruth Ann Scurry; thank you very much. A special thanks to Gladys Neely, retired 4-H Program Assistant, for all your help.
For more information about Jefferson County 4-H, please contact John Lilly via email email@example.com or phone 850-342-0187.